A lot of my friends are turning Almost 30 right now. Almost 30 is that age, anywhere between 26 and 29, when women don’t even bother remembering their numerical age and instead, just freak out about being “Almost 30.”
Well, I say chill out. There are so many great things about being Almost 30! Here are Almost 10 of them…
· You’ve run out of assholes to date. By the time you are Almost 30, you aren’t changing jobs or apartments as much as you used to, meaning that you have already dated all the jerks in your office/apartment building, and now have moved on to the nice guys. So refreshing to be treated well, right?
· Your skin in bangin’. Almost 30 is a special time in a woman’s life when she is not pimply anymore, and she’s not wrinkly yet either. Embrace it! And snap a lot of pictures. You don’t even need an Instagram filter to look hot when your skin looks this good.
· You know what fits. You have finally learned which colors and cuts to wear, and which colors and cuts to avoid, meaning you no longer walk into a store and try on everything cute. Instead, you try on cute things you know will look good on you — and they do!
· You’ve figured out the right weight. You got super-skinny for a second, but it wasn’t for you. You got super-fat for a second, but it wasn’t for you. And now you are finally cruising at a livable weight, where you look and feel pretty darn good.
· You puke less. You know by now that one drink is fun, two drinks is more fun, three drinks is tempting fate, and four drinks is asking for it.
· You have a few bucks. You finally have a bank account — and maybe even a job that adds more money to that bank account on a regular basis! How cool is that?
· You’ve done the dumb stuff, and you’ve learned your lessons. By Almost 30, you are done having unprotected sex, driving under the influence, cheating on your boyfriend, shoplifting, and doing all the other dumb things you’ll never admit that you’ve totally done.